Monday, September 1, 2008

First Event Cache

I attended my first event cache here on Okinawa yesterday, and I had a great time. I met some great new people, and was able to put some faces to the names that I have been seeing online for the last couple of months. Thanks for the pointers PJ!

I took the kids with me, and they got a kick out of seeing some of the very extensive geocoin collections that other folks have. I bought my son his first geocoin, and excitedly placed it in a cache this morning. In our haste to get it on its way around the world, we failed to take a picture of it. I've asked the coin company if they have any stock photos but, if they do not, I'll have to go get it out of the cache I placed it in, and snap a pic of it. It certainly suits him.

Here's a picture of the whole group. I promise you, I am in this pic somewhere. (click the image to view it full size)


The boy's first coin:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Events are great times. (The group shots are one of my favorite parts of an event, to be honest. I missed one at an event I attended not too long ago and was pretty disappointed about it. Never again will I miss the photo!)

Good to hear you had a great time. If you are into discovering coins and TBs, these things are awesome for it! I was at a small event this weekend and will have a report on that and a day of caching in the next day or two on my blog.

Glad you had a blast. It's always good to get out and meet other cachers. Careful though -- these events are addicting!

New Bedford Snow Removal said...

Veery nice blog you have here