Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sticks and Stones

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but some of those plants out there can really draw blood!

My son and I went after three caches today. One cache was near the Hija Bridge (a little north of Kadena), and we couldn't find it. We found a nice little trail that headed off into the jungle though, and it appears to be a great spot to dump a stolen vehicle and strip it...

The second cache ended up being a "nano" size container, and it was at a freakin' Starbucks! My son actually made the find, and we successfully avoided the locals.

The third cache was the most fun, and the toughest. It was a "multi-cache," or a three part cache that required us to find two caches in order to come up with the coordinates of the final cache. This was one of the most unique containers I've seen yet, but I'm not going to post a picture of it, just in case any local cachers stumble upon this blog. It was located at the Kadena Marina, and one leg of the multi was atop a coral outcropping that was covered in very painfully sharp plants.

My son and I had a great time, and we managed to eat up half of a day. I even hid a new cache, and I'll be eagerly waiting to see who finds it first! After it's been found a couple of times, I'll post pictures.

(Click the pictures for full size versions)

Near the Hija Bridge


Tropical fruit, free for the pickin'


View from the Kadena Marina



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A person I cache with often says about me that it's not a day of caching unless I am bleeding somewhere. :)