Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wild West and Dog Watcher

Today made for a couple of interesting finds, and a little frustration. I was able to find a cache located at a Japanese police dog training facility, and one at a country western nightclub known as Western World.

The cache at Western World was inside of a fake rock, and I had a little trouble finding it, since the entire area was covered in similar rocks.

My third stop was at the Kurishiki Dam for a seven part multi-cache. I found part one, entered the coordinates for part two, and never found it. I had to be right on top of it, since my GPS zeroed out, and I found the benchmark that was mentioned in the hint. I simply coudn't come up with the cache. It's been a while since it was last found, so perhaps recent maintenance workers muggled it. I still had a good time, and the scenery was great. Here's a few pictures:

At the dam




Big spider at Western World


Doggy boot camp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, Gunny, are you sure that gate is for a doggy boot camp, or is it to keep out the HUGE spiders?

My wife's cousin was a Marine and I guess the only thing that makes his skin crawl is a spider. Now I see why!

Anonymous said...

Fake rocks are evil!!