Friday, October 3, 2008

A Challenge Issued


The gauntlet has been thrown down, a challenge has been issued. P.J., from Hoohaaa Blog has set forth this challenge. Here's the details:


Each participant must "release" a trackable Travel Bug in a geocache near their home. They can't touch it after that. The person whose TB travels the most miles in one year wins. Simple as that.


Many of my fellow geocachers are in the Air Force. Several of them are pilots...Do you see where this is going? I may have an "unfair" advantage. Then again, if some well-meaning cacher moves my item to some obscure spot, it may never move from there. Always a gamble.


I look forward to the challenge, and being able to track my item's movements online. I'll issue updates as the challenge progresses. Oh yeah, P.J., what's the prize for winning?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!! I can't wait for updates. This one sounds like fun. Since my plate is already full, and I'm chronically short on sleep as it is, I'll just have to live vicariously through your geocaching adventures!

Just John said...

No problem Sues. My the boy's geocoin (the one with monkeys) is now in Arizona. It made a quick, 6,500 mile trip over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

He, he, he. I see a victory in your future....

Anonymous said...

How's losing sound? :)

Just John said...

You can let me know a year from now P.J., since you will have first hand experience!

tonka_boy said...

Abandon hope all ye who enter the HooHaa TB race. The Geocats will win.

The Northwoods Geocats